There are a lot of reasons why you might find yourself in need of an inexpensive car. Maybe you don’t have the credit to finance a car with a traditional loan, or maybe you just want a set of wheels without a lot of hassle. Many people are tempted to buy a vehicle from a used car auction, but is that really such a good idea?
Buying a used car from an auction or from a salvage yard such as Bessler’s U Pull & Save is an affordable way to get a used vehicle that likely just needs some fixing up. While an auto auction may sound exciting, buying from a salvage yard usually proves to be a much better deal.
There are some great deals to be had at auto auctions, but there are also several drawbacks, including paying auction fees, waiting for an auction date, and competing against other bidders. Unless you are buying several vehicles for resale, you will likely find that buying a used car from a salvage yard is a better deal than buying from an auction for several reasons, including:
- Open to the Public – many used car auctions are only open to licensed dealers. You will have to locate one in your area that is open to the public. Bessler’s U Pull and Save sells used cars to the public.
- Buy Anytime – at a salvage yard like U Pull and Save, cars are available anytime. There’s no need to wait around for a weekly or monthly auction date to happen.
- No Hidden Fees – auctions usually require a registration fee plus a refundable bidder deposit fee of $250 or $500. Bessler’s does not have any additional fees.
- Know Before You Go – the condition of salvage yard vehicles are described online, and vehicles can be viewed in person at the Hebron, Kentucky yard.
- Knowing the Price – at a salvage yard, the price you see is the price you pay. No games, no gimmicks and no haggling. Just used cars at great prices.
- Keeping Vehicles Local – auction vehicles can come from any number of sources including insurance companies, theft recovery, repossessions, etc. These vehicles may have been in accidents, suffered flood damage or have other hidden defects. Bessler’s typically buys junk cars from members of the local community.
Although it is primarily known for used auto parts, Bessler’s U Pull & Save also sells whole cars. Many of them have a good body but need mechanical repairs. A person who is handy or has a good mechanic can buy one of these cars and save big versus buying from a used car dealer. Keep in mind that cars are sold as-is with no warranty, just like at a used car auction.
In addition to offering a searchable inventory of auto parts on our website, Bessler’s U Pull & Save also lists our used cars for sale at our Hebron, Kentucky location, just 20 minutes south of Cincinnati, Ohio. Give us a call at 859-586-6877 today to learn more.